Old 25-06-2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
phillerup phillerup is offline

Default Valueflow Cimatton External Pump Overheat?

Hi,
I have had this pump for 2 years and all of a sudden the pump seems to
be overheating. Basically it will just stop, and then start back up
after some time. Also if I go to the pump and pour cold water over if
for a bit it will start right up. Took it apart and cleaned what I
could, any ideas? The black metal housing around the fan is VERY hot
to the touch (but Im not sure if it was just always that way) Havent
changed anything as far as plumbing goes or anything like that.
Anything I can check?