Old 25-06-2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Valueflow Cimatton External Pump Overheat?

Hi,
I have had this pump for 2 years and all of a sudden the pump seems to
be overheating. Basically it will just stop, and then start back up
after some time. Also if I go to the pump and pour cold water over if
for a bit it will start right up. Took it apart and cleaned what I
could, any ideas? The black metal housing around the fan is VERY hot
to the touch (but Im not sure if it was just always that way) Havent
changed anything as far as plumbing goes or anything like that.
Anything I can check?

Old 26-06-2007, 04:23 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article . com,
phillerup wrote:

Hi,
I have had this pump for 2 years and all of a sudden the pump seems to
be overheating. Basically it will just stop, and then start back up
after some time. Also if I go to the pump and pour cold water over if
for a bit it will start right up. Took it apart and cleaned what I
could, any ideas? The black metal housing around the fan is VERY hot
to the touch (but Im not sure if it was just always that way) Havent
changed anything as far as plumbing goes or anything like that.
Anything I can check?

Time for a new pump.
Motor is going south.

Old 26-06-2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Jun 25, 11:23 pm, Kurt wrote:
In article . com,

phillerup wrote:
Hi,

Anyone suggest a decent replacement on a budget? 2 years seems like a
short life. Can I rebuild it in any way?

Old 27-06-2007, 02:10 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"phillerup" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 25, 11:23 pm, Kurt wrote:
In article . com,

phillerup wrote:
Hi,

Anyone suggest a decent replacement on a budget? 2 years seems like a
short life. Can I rebuild it in any way?

What flow rate do you need for the head (the rise of the output above the
water level of the pond) you expect to have?

George

Old 27-06-2007, 10:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I would say the output of the pump is almost level with the water
level
On Jun 26, 9:10 pm, "George" wrote:
"phillerup" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 25, 11:23 pm, Kurt wrote:
In article . com,

Old 28-06-2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"phillerup" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would say the output of the pump is almost level with the water
level

You can get a 1,200 gph Pondmaster Danner Supreme Mag Drive Pump for about
$164 online. If you look hard enough, you may find one for less. There
are a lot of pumps available, and of course, not all pumps are equal. I
use the 1,800 gph model of the above pump and have been satisfied with it
so far. Also, the CalPump Magnetic Drive Pump has a five year
guarantee(P-1500-20 produces 1,500 gph at 1 foot of head). That one is
$119. Do a web search for pond pumps. There are tons of web sites that
sell them.

George

Old 28-06-2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:08:20 CST, "George" wrote:

CalPump Magnetic Drive Pump has a five year guarantee(P-1500-20 produces
1,500 gph at 1 foot of head). That one is $119..
George

Oooh, I'm gonna save that info for me. Tx, ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 28-06-2007, 04:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pondmaster-Pond-...QQcmdZViewItem
they have 1800 with buy it now for 119.00 and 20 shipping. I been
eyeing them myself and then I fixed my pump .... LOL. Ingrid

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:08:20 CST, "George"
wrote:

oups.com...

Old 29-06-2007, 03:24 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote in message
. com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pondmaster-Pond-...QQcmdZViewItem
they have 1800 with buy it now for 119.00 and 20 shipping. I been
eyeing them myself and then I fixed my pump .... LOL. Ingrid

It's a good pump for a moderate-sized pond.

George

Old 30-06-2007, 07:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

LOL.. just got lucky and traded one for a web page he wanted done.
Ingrid

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:24:12 CST, "George"
wrote:

.com...

Old 01-07-2007, 12:41 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:33:15 CST, wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pondmaster-Pond-...QQcmdZViewItem
they have 1800 with buy it now for 119.00 and 20 shipping. I been
eyeing them myself and then I fixed my pump .... LOL. Ingrid

I thought I had seen this price when I was googling. It looks to be awhile
before I decide if I need that size or the next one down. DS is doing
something totally different to the inside of the barrels. Claims it will
make it easier to clean, I'm skeptical, but he's doing the work. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Valueflow Cimarron External Pump replacement? phillerup Ponds (moderated) 2 08-06-2008 02:24 AM
External pump push/pull? gribbee Ponds 0 06-03-2004 05:49 PM
Black & Decker grass strimmers (GL320) motors overheat fast Lim PE Gardening 3 17-08-2003 02:42 PM
How do you protect your external pump from rain? DesertPond Ponds 10 04-07-2003 12:56 AM
External pump housing suggestions Don Lasko Ponds 1 12-02-2003 11:25 AM