Old 25-06-2007, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Can I make my own bark chips?

snip
You will end up with a large heap of chippings - some from bark and
some from the wood in the branches. We had a dozen or so Spruces taken
out earlier in the year - and everything that was too small for logs
went through the tree surgeon's giant chipper. We've used the
chippings successfully for paths & ground cover.

Hope this helps
Adrian

not a dumb question at all, we all have to start somewhere :-) good plan to
get the professionals in to deal with the tree, much safer, the chippings
will be brilly, I have done this and they are excellent for all sorts of
things just like Adrian has said.
good luck

kate