Old 26-06-2007, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Actinidia cuttings advice .

On Jun 26, 10:04 am, Sacha wrote:

We've been so lucky here. Yes, the steps from the car park down to the tea
room did turn into a waterfall - very pretty actually! - and yes, water was
running down the paths of the nursery. But being surrounded by farmland did
mean that most of the rain got absorbed, one way or another. I hope the
high wind doesn't return because that's always dangerous after so much rain.

We had the high wind here last night, I was glad that our tall trees
had been "surgeried" the year before. When I came home last night, I
could see, in the car headlights, the run off on the roads,
partiularly around Easton Horticultural College where the soil is
sandy, that half the field that the students had prepared a few days
ago, had flooded onto the road as it is on a steep hill.

Just now, the sky is lowering, the wind is still blowing but not gale
force.

Everyone take care on the roads.

Judith