Old 26-06-2007, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] farmerdill@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Corn already tasseling and sprouting ears....

On Jun 26, 4:09 pm, "Damon Heron" wrote:
I am worried that my sweet corn is a failure. It is only 4-5 feet high and
already has tassels and very small ears forming. This is my first year
planting corn and I think it is doomed. Where did I go wrong??

Damon

Depends on which cultivar you planted, Few sweet corn varieties get
more than 7 feet, and many top out at 3-4 ft. If it looks healthy
(dark green) and is shooting and tasseling you should be fine. For
future reference tho, It pays to know the name of the cultivar
(variety) and the growth pattern expected.