Old 26-06-2007, 09:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default thinking of buying this lawn tractor any opinions ?

"Clark" wrote in message
This is the one I'm leaning towards ( I like the color)
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...BVCookie =Yes

the kid at Sears was trying to be helpful but he looked like he was 16 and
I doubt he ever rode a lawn tractor never mind owned one.

Consumer reports gave this one a best buy at $1649.00, guess it was on
sale.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...BVCookie =Yes

CR also liked a John Deer for the same price and same options as the first
mower

I think I want to stay away from splash lubrication (but my old Toro is
still kicking after 15 years and it has splash)

And I'm not sure about a V twin engine on a mower, any thoughts ?

I can picture myself driving around on one of these with a sharp shovel
trying to kill those moles !

Clark

Get a 30 to 40 yo Wheelhorse, JD, Cub Cadet or Sears for a couple hundred
and spend a thousand fixing it up - you can paint it any color you like.
You'll save a couple hundred and have a heavier duty machine that will
attract a lot of attention.