Old 27-06-2007, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default birds nest?

"adder1969" wrote in message
ps.com...
While clearing away some overgrown ivy at the weekend I came across a
nest underneath a fence panel. It's made of moss and rather strangely
small crisp packets. I thought it might be a mouse nest but looking
in I could see some old eggshells. So, anyone like to guess what it
was that actually occupied it?

It sounds to me like an old bumble bee nest. Their 'cells' are like small
broken eggshells. They will use all sorts of material to build their nests,
including paper and plastic. The site is the giveaway.

Mary