Old 31-03-2003, 02:44 AM
Hussein M.

Default Slugs or no slugs

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:59:39 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrotc:

Today I planted out a fair number of lupins and delphiniums, the smaller
plants I covered with cut off pop bottles and some bigger ones I
surrounded with sand, so we shall see what we shall see tomorrow.There
was no way I could use poison as our friendly robin Emily helped me with
the planting by eating the worms as I dug :-)
kate

My problem has been snails but I think they can be treated more or
less the same as slugs. I have a pot of coffee grounds handy and a
bag of ermm rather expensive vegetarian bran. I think I will try the
strong Nescafé spray this year.

So far only the sporadic greenfly brushed off and the hoverflies and
ladybirds are out exploring. That's how I like it!
It's been quite dry though.

Hussein

Grow a little garden