Old 28-06-2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.preserving
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Speaking of dill

My dill is blooming now, and my cucumbers got a *really* late start and
are only about 3 inches tall.

What's the best stage to pick the dill and stuff it into bags in the
freezer to wait for the cukes? Do I pick it when it has seeds but they
are still green? And what about packing a quart jar with short sections
of stems and filling with vinegar? (to flavor the vinegar and to
preserve the dill stems)

I should know all this, but it's been so long since I've had dill *and*
cukes I forgot.

Bob