Old 28-06-2007, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default It will now stop raining .......

"Mark" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... and we will have a drought.

Why?

Well we have eight water butts. All full. Well they were until yesterday
when I emptied one out ;-( so I could replace the faulty tap at the
bottom for a new one.

We now have an empty water butt ready to be filled.

See what I mean? We've had the rain. Severn Valley Railway has had part
of it's track washed away, why? Because it was all planned for me to take
3 coach loads of people there on Saturday. Still had a great day, just a
reduced service. And Sunday? Massive parade at RAF Cosford, hundreds of
people, standards, Central Band of the RAF and what happened? Rained off.

OK, all that behind now.

Send on the drought.

I blame it on Wimbledon. I'm sure it wasn't that bad before the tournament
started.

It's traditionally said that Wimbledon always has one wet week and one dry
week. I hope this year is no exception.

Steve