Old 28-06-2007, 05:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Hot peppers question

Jim Kingdon wrote in
news
well, that sounds like it rules out tabasco, banana, and cayenne.
habanero maybe? they are suppose to hotter than jalapeno. or
possibly the famous "peter pepper" - but don't think it would be
those, they are short and rounded, but get to be about 2-3 inches
long. are you sure they were hot peppers, and not bell peppers?? lol

There are a *really* large number of hot pepper varieties (especially
someplace like a farmer's market or seed catalog).

We're growing about 5 or 10 this year. And only one or two (if that)
are the well-known ones like those mentioned above.

I finally located some paperwork on the one I have. It's called, "Cherry
Bomb". Apparently it IS supposed to get red and is "mildly hot" whatever
that means.