Old 28-06-2007, 06:21 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default It finally came!

Charlie wrote in message

A friend an I worked for BN many, many years ago in the Columbia River
Gorge, between Stevenson and Wishram, on the WA side.

Every weekend we would go on a trip and head south along the coastal
highway. We always intended to make it to Crater Lake, but were always
sidetracked by one thing or another and never did make it any farther
than Eugene. Met a lot of wonderful folks in the Cascades, many back
to the landers and an assorted bunch of misfits from the sixties and
early seventies.

Guess the point of this is just to tell you, that when I think of what
I always wanted, but never achieved, it lies within your state.
Beautiful country and great people. One of the high points of my life.

Always wanted to make it down to northern CA (lots of you Oregonians,
at the time, called CA residents.....californicators.... easy Billy),
but hell, we always got lost or ran out of steam by then.

Keep on Caring and Thanks for the Memories
Charlie

haha well I've been Klamath County for 4 years now, and many years ago,
lived for 7 years at least in northern CA, and I wanna go back to Seattle! I
don't think I'll make it though, things keep happening here, good and
bad(good as in making money selling critters/produce/plants/crafts, bad as
in my mother's health is not doing so well). If we could just win the
lottery, we'd keep our property now, and I go back and forth to Seattle as I
please. Because I really do like our place, but it's like an hour from
anywhere decent...which means $20 roundtrip for gas. It adds up...at least
we don't have sales tax! I went back to Seattle for a week to visit family,
and I had totally forgotten there was such a thing as sales tax ;-)