Old 28-06-2007, 09:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Corn already tasseling and sprouting ears....

In article ,
"Damon Heron" wrote:

I am in No. California, and I am just concerned that it is tassling way to
early in the year. Usually, it is August and the corn is 7-8 ft. high.

Same variety of corn?

Damon

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message
Damon Heron wrote:
I am worried that my sweet corn is a failure. It is only 4-5 feet high
and already has tassels and very small ears forming. This is my first
year planting corn and I think it is doomed. Where did I go wrong??

I don't know where you are, but 'round here, I'm delighted to get corn
that's 4 or 5 feet high. I planted some last year in containers....so
including the container, they weren't much taller than me (at 5'4"). I got
three or four delicious ears off each of them.

..

Zone 5b in Canada's not-much-of-a-corn-belt Far East.

--

We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.

--