Old 01-07-2007, 06:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default ignore any posts made in my name today!

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:57:02 -0400, rachael simpson
wrote:

apparently a certain young boy thought it would be funny to mess with my
email and newsgroups today. He has lost computer privileges while at my
house for a week. I, myself, have not been on the computer sine 7am this
morning, and i assure you i would be the last person on earth to cook a
frog! Now, to set the passwords up on this reader. (i downloaded
thunderbird at Ann's recommendation.)

please forgive any posts you may come across. JSB, i'm sorry dylan took
u for a ride.........

Rae

P.S forgive typing skills, typing while holding baby again!

Whaaaat? I gotta take exception with your non-frog-cooking thing!

Frogs are one of the few critters I still hunt and eat. Frog
legs....wow....a delicacy.

Now you did it.....I'm drooling.

Care
Charlie

Gives me vertigo but

Fried Frog Legs

16 small or 8 large pairs frog legs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup corn flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Lard or oil (for frying)
1 bunch parsley, washed and dried
2 lemons, quartered

Prepare legs by cutting off backbone (if any remains) with a pair of
poultry
shears. Cut legs in two where they join. If they are fresh, parboil 3
minutes in acidulated water (1 portion lemon juice to 4 portions water),
drain and pat dry, Soak for 1 hour in the buttermilk.

Mix flour with seasonings in a paper bag, add legs, and shake to coat
them. Heat lard or oil until hot but not smoking, 375 degrees F, and fry
legs a few at a time until golden brown, 2 or 3 minutes. Fry parsley
about
1 minute, drain on paper towels, and serve with the frog legs and lemon
quarters.

---

Bon Appetit
--