Old 01-07-2007, 02:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
jones jones is offline

Default low maintenance bushes

Thank you Richard.

I like Azaleas, but they always die on me :-( Are Camellias the ones where the flowers grow black if you touch them?

"jones" wrote in message I have decided to try and plant bushes or scrubs by the back fence. It faces south. Any ideas, preferably not too slow in growing and up to 6 ft high.

Thanks
Katherine

Would suggest you grow Camelia's and sasanquas would be the smaller growing. Just remember you can prune them to maintain that height. Could also look at Azelea magnifica as they put on a great show.

Cheers

Richard