Old 31-03-2003, 08:56 AM
pied piper

Default Seeding a lawn

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
"Dan" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone point me towards any advice about seeding a lawn?

Also do I trust that the box says it does 10m2? Will 2 boxes definately
cover 17m2?

I found a few sites and hints, but the one real question is how do i

stop
the birds eating the seed? Or isnt this really a problem?

IME birds arent a problem. Dunno about the quantity though but its

probably
impossible to spread as thinly and evenly as done in tests using a

machine.
No offence meant, but it must depend how heavy handed you are :-)

Why not try say 1/4 the area with 1/2 box, and if that looks too thin, get
another box and redo the 1/4 you already did. (Probably better than doing

it
all and then having to tread all over it to scatter another boxes worth)
--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to

newsgroups)

use both boxes you will not get a problem with overseeding as i doubt you

will get %100 germination make sure you cover the seed with the soil as the
birds will eat the seed thats uncovered or even better try getting a
germination sheet to cover the area also once your grass starts germinating
keep it watered