Old 01-07-2007, 07:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default thinking of buying this lawn tractor any opinions ?

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
. ..
Depending on which Craftsman mower you buy, it may be built on the same
production line as a nearly identical Husqvarna mower, and Husqvarna makes
good products.

A leaky cover in your Kohler engine is one of *those things* that do

happen.
However, one instance doesn't invalidate the overall concept that a Kohler
engine is better than a Briggs engine. Bigger bearings, full
pressure/filtered lubrication, etc. That doesn't mean that people don't

get
10 and 20 years out of Briggs engines, but in general, a Kohler will be a
longer lasting, more robust engine.

My Deere has a Kawasaki engine, so I don't have a dog in this fight...

KB

Humm. Looks like I went for the wrong tractor. Just ordered a Toro with a
B&S. Was offered a Husqvarna with a Kohler or Kawasaki V twin for less. Oh
bother :-)

I went for the Toro because I'd heard the mower was more robust than the
Husqvarna or Deer. It's also got a quick change between collect an mulch.