Old 02-07-2007, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Compost question from a newbie

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message
I have never composted before, and have just received a compost bin

from
our council, but I don't have a clue as to where to start, or what I

can or
can not put in it.

You can put any sort of vegetation in it, it's better if it can be

mixed a
little, if you have a lot of grass, them make sure you put other stuff

in
between layers of grass, paper helps to seperate layers of stuff.

Do not put meat or fish in it, this will only attract rats.

Alan

I hope you will find this site useful. Hopefully it tells you all that
you need to know. http://tinyurl.com/32rjey

Regards,
Emrys Davies.