Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default DIY bead filter

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 09:35:36 CST, rmx256 wrote:

I made a very decent filter from a five gallon bucket, lava rock and
filter foam. Worked very nicely for what it was. Minimal investment in
time and money...

I have a bucket filter in the goldfish pond too, but I have an itch
to try a bead filter for a larger 1500 gal pond. My present filters
in that pond are mat type and I have to take the mat out of the barrel
to clean it. I'd like one I can backwash.

Regards,

Hal