Old 02-07-2007, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Epidendrum ciliare

Roy, I agree with Niek, the ciliari has a fimbriated lip. I was also browsing Jay Pfahl's site & noticed the genus name
change was in 2004. I got stuck reading the reasons why!!!!! Quite sexy, I think. *g*
Cheers Wendy
"Roy" wrote in message ...
And my wife says I have NO patiences! I bought this in late 80s from a florist in NJ, on a wooden plack. It went to FLorida with me in 98. It has been repoted in various mediums to get it to grow and bloom. A couple of years ago I put it in a basket and placed it high in the lanei. and after nearly 20 years it bloomed for the first time.

I regularly remind my wife of the tremendous patience I have (A photo of it is on the end table where my wife sits)

Roy

ps: I am not sure if the name is right. If anyone has a better id please let me know.