Old 03-07-2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Snails

snails carry diseases (more than 1). they carry swimmers itch which
can make life miserable if you reach into your pond. The Pond Lady
got it from snails brought in on water lilies she had ordered.

snails die and stink and foul the water. big snails REALLY STINK AND
FOUL THE WATER. I only find snails in my veggie filter on the filter
of the itty pump for the UV. Ingrid

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 07:57:04 CST, "Dan Robinson"
wrote:

I want to get some larger snails for my ponds. Maybe some Japanese Trapdoor
snails or Mystery/Apple snails. Does anybody have a pond that is
overflowing with them that can sell me some cheaply or good source? Are
there any big reasons why I would not want these in either a koi or a lily
pond.
Thanks
Dan Robinson
Houston, Texas.