Old 04-07-2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bob Petruska Bob Petruska is offline

Default HELP - leaf/plant disease!

This is the second year that it looks like my vegetable and flower garden
are doomed. I thought it was only the luck of last year when I had crop
failure and not to happen this year but I was wrong.

The problem if that my transplants which look very good were planted 4 weeks
ago in Pennsylvania. My soil was tested and came back with very acceptable
results for all ranges.

The top leaf photo is of my parsely in a container, there is purple fringing
of the leaves and the parsely is growing extremely slow.

The nice dark geen plant leaves, especially my Marigolds, are now turning a
very pale green and with what looks like a splotchy appearance see the
bottom leaf in the attached photo link. They look sick now and not that
nice healthy green leaf. The top leaves look better but not the nice dark
geen leaf as when they were first transplanted. I have used 10-10-10
fertilizer when I tilled my garden 4 weeks ago and I also included Ironrite
to make sure that there was enough iron in the soil.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1132/...fd3d82af_o.jpg

All my vegetables and flowers seem to grown very slow and stay small. The
same Lady Luck marigolds would always grow 20-24 inches tall and just as
wide for 20 years. Last year they only grew 10 inches tall and 6 inches
wide. This year looks like the same is going to happen. My tomato plants
grow small and not bushy at all. I tilled in about 10% mushroom soil this
year hoping for a boost. The parsley is in a container with just fresh
potting soil (no mushroom soil), a little 10-10-10, ironite and a little
limestone.

I'm stumped!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,