Old 04-07-2007, 07:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default low maintenance ponding

Low maintenance and no maintenance are different terms for us.

We do very little to maintain the pond...we think. The three berm
ponds and three upflow barrels are drained annually and the 3 x 5
bottom of the 'deep well' get netted out once a year (that is where
big stuff finally goes. (Total time needed: less than 2 hours).
Beyond that, we throw out loads of hyacinth and cerley during growing
season. The berm ponds are veggie filters and aleviate the need of
any other filter. No filter pads to clean. Everything else is
tinkering (except feeding the koi in the main pond). The water level
is self-maintaining by a toilet valve.

Does that come up low maintenance?

Jim