Old 04-07-2007, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Motion-activated deer repellants

"Dee" wrote in message
om...
I am having a real problem with deer this year. They are grazing my
geraniums, asters, sedums and anemones down to stubs. Spraying with
various deer repellants has not deterred them as it has done in years
past,
I suspect because of the severe drought.

Does anyone have experience with either a motion-activated hi-frequency
sound machine, such as YardGard Animal Repeller, or a motion-activated
sprinkler, such as the Scarecrow?

Here are links to the products I'm looking at --

YardGard Animal Repeller
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ALEW7Q/

Scarecrow
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000071NUS/

Thanks for any input,
Dee

I personally would NOT recommend the sonic devices, they didn't do squat for
my issues - my issues were stray cats. I opted for the sonic devices over
the scarecrow for fear of dowsing my neighbor's kids. If you can have a
ready source of water and aren't worried about hitting people walking by I'd
go for the Scarecrow.