Old 04-07-2007, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Corn shading cucumber

Sigh - I think I'm hoist on my own petard.

I planted cucumbers and corn together, thinking that
the cucumbers would twine around the corn stalks as they grew.

Instead -- and maybe because I planted too thickly -- the corn
is going gang busters, but is shading the cucumbers. Little cukes are
forming, but I am concerned about the perceived lack of sunshine.

So I have a BIG DECISION to make:

Do I move some of the corn to let more light in on the cukes?

Or do I move the cukes and figure out some other way of
training them up.

IOW, which is likely to be more upset by the transplanting?

Persephne