Old 04-07-2007, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Treat ailing tree to a "fertilizer stake dinner"

But when trees have problems, they can be BIG problems, as these
readers discovered.

Where do all the forests come from I wonder... it's extremely rare
that a tree requires fertilizing, it became a tree didn't it. duh

By mulching!!!!!!!

Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Look at some of the forest story.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...tis/index.html

You do not log your way to improved forest health.

Self proclaimed arborists are forever attempting to scam products,
services, and asinine advice. A real arborist would not be posting
such fertilizer. And no one needs an expert to tell them to break out
the hose because it's not rained in a while.

I agree 100%

I am an arborist and what I push most for trees in urban areas is proper
mulching which includes ecoart nurse losg.

http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/ecoart/

I am not against fertilizing if someone had optimum fertility levels for
trees and could prove that an element was actually lacking.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist with tree biology background.
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman