Old 04-07-2007, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Newby tomato question

"middleton.walker" wrote in message
Unfortunately I no longer have a greenhouse so must resort to starting
tomatoes in the cellar ...start the early ones around the end of february
and plant outside under a small plastic tent in mid May...to date have
picked two beauties...one around 10 ounces and the other around twenty
ounces...one slice make a beauty of a sandwich....H

"Back in the real world" ! I find that the daily maintenance of the plants
in the greenhouse gives all the shaking of the plants that is necessary -
removal of surplus axil shoots is particularly rewarding.

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com