Old 05-07-2007, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Tomatillo question

"betsyb" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds a lot better that that succotash my
Husband favors with limas and corn? That turns me off. It's a guy thing I
think. Your mix sounds yummy. I will give it a try. Thanks.

Slightly related to succotash - I like to fry some garlic, one small onion,
greens and all, a chopped radish or three, and a large bowlfull of chopped
fresh greens consisting of any of the following: collards, beet, mustard,
chard, rutabaga (the greens, not the root), turnip, etc. I fry them in a hot
frying pan in a mixture of olive oil, sesame oil, and chile oil. Fill the
pan until it is overfull because the greens cook down quite a bit. Fry until
greens are anywhere from lightly singed to well cooked, according to
preferences. Stir so they don't burn. They are quite good, my son and I will
stuff ourselves with them . There is no "right" way to do it - just about
any mixture of greens works. Use more or less chile oil according to taste,
but one TBSP is probably the most you want to use - unless you like it
*spicy*. In that case, sprinkle a tsp or two of cajun spice on it also.