Old 05-07-2007, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith Kent Keith Kent is offline

Default drought,we must use water sensibly!

It makes me chuckle ,look in the mags/media about using water sensibly,use
drought tolerant plants in borders/baskets ,store water, you know what i
mean.Us gardeners/public have had this rammed down us throats and now we
have had that much rain we have not got a clue what to do with it!Problem
with this country/government is we don`t cut a problem out from the
source,we always lay the blame which results in charges that don,t
work.Ex-Too many cars on roads/global warming = high fuel costs.Why don`t
all countrys force car manufacturers to produce a cleaner car fuel and then
sell the fuel as cheap as possible.Water shortage(ha ha) = blame
public,increase water charge,tell everyone they should be doing there bit by
recycling water.Why don`t the water companys make more water storage
facilitys.UK has enough rainfall in a year for the whole of the country to
never be short of water,no matter how sunny and dry it is.We don`t store
enough it is that simple,it would also help if they fixed all the water
leaks everywere quickly.Theft = you may get your hands smacked or a fine or
nothing or as a last resort you may get sent down in luxury, but it is a
last resort as the prisons are full!! What about you WILL be sent down for 5
years with the basics.
I know i have had my rant but feel we really need to get back to black and
white so we all know where we stand,there is so much bullshit in this
country.
Cheers Keith