Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Goldfish mix

The filter work on the lily pond is progressing nicely. Yesterday we had to
remove about 70% of the water to trim the skimmer pipe and place the
skimmer (no-nitch floating ring type). Bottom drain dome put in placed &
lilies fed while water was low.

So now I'm ready to start putting the goldfish in (currently still
filtering with flower pot type filter).

What I have are 4 wakins, and 4 telescope eyed types/moors.

My concern is I've heard of goldfish that supposedly suck the eyes off of
telescope goldfish.Ewww Do you think this will be a problem with the
above fish in 1000 gallons of pond? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us