Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Green water and algae

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:31:01 CST, "KerplunKuK"
[dot]uk wrote:

I have tried everything to get rid of my green water and algae, but nothing
is working.
My pond is not overstocked, I am not overfeeding and I have copious
quantities of plants.

Today a friend brought round a test kit and these are my results.

pH 8.6
Ammonia NH3/NH4+ 0.0ppm
Nitrate N03- 10ppm
Nitrite N02- 0.0ppm

I see the pH is too high, but what do these results show? How do I lower
the pH?

What else can I do?

Thanks
Scott

Is this a liner pond? Have you done any mortar or recent cement work?

Do you know what the KH/buffering is? If you don't have a kit, and don't
have easy access to getting one, take a pH reading at dawn & dusk (or as
near as possible to those times).

Take a measurement out of the tap, aerate for an hour. Check the pH & KH.
If the pH & KH numbers are good, do 20% water changes every other day for
about 4-5 times. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us