Old 06-07-2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default hostas, hydrangea, and update on sweet butter lettuce

Hey Y'all,

Was wondering............

When is the best time to "break-apart" a cluster of hostas? I have two
large clusters of them, and would like to thin them down some and spread
them out.

Also, have a rose bush that has had the dreaded "black spot" for years
now. No matter what I do, the black spot always comes back every
summer. Now, a hydrangea is showing little black spots on the leaves
with darker outer linings around the spots. It is planted about 7 feet
away from the infected rose bush. Is it possible that the hydrangea has
black spot now, or is it something else that I don't know about? Either
way, what can I do to treat?

The update:

I did get the lettuce plants that I had previously asked about. Had my
first salad from it yesterday with supper. Have enough out there, can
possibly have another salad off of it Sunday. Taste great, other than
the fact you can tell it's dry-weather lettuce. As a side note, the
collards taste the same way................

Oh well,

Rain, rain, please come this way
Leave my friends that are Texas way
Oh Lord, let us pray...