Old 07-07-2007, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default drought,we must use water sensibly!

JennyC writes

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message
.. .

"La Puce" wrote in message
Today I'm wearing my winter coat. It's freezing ... sob

It's no warmer here. The Mrs has been sitting wearing a jumper AND coat IN
THE HOUSE!
Tomorrow we are having a huge lorry load of logs delivered - supposed to
be Winter fuel. I can't believe we need to have a log fire burning in
July.

Our central heating came on yesterday afternoon!!

Yesterday we headed into the hills orchid hunting, despite the dire
weather forecast (steady drizzle all day interspersed with more serious
episodes of rain). Windscreen wipers going all the way along the A65. It
stopped raining as we arrived and by the end of the afternoon we were
lying sunbathing on the short turf surrounded by wildflowers.

Today is hot again, though with cloudy intervals. I've instructed a son
to mow the lawn - it may be some time before there's another chance ;-)
--
Kay