Old 07-07-2007, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Darren Garrison Darren Garrison is offline

Default Plant ID-- huge whiteish cold tolerant "aloe vera-looking" succulent

Hoping for an id even though I don't have a picture. I saw one once on a garden
show shown from North Carolina, so I thought it MIGHT be hardy here in the upper
part of South Carolina. But this week I happened to drive by a huge one in
somebody's yard, so obviously it is hardy for here.

It is a succulent, looks more or less like an Aloe vera, but it is several feet
tall and around. It looks like it has a coating of powdered sugar. And it is a
species that can tolerate zone 7 winters. Any ideas? I want one of those
suckers.