Old 07-07-2007, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
betsyb betsyb is offline

Default Plant ID-- huge whiteish cold tolerant "aloe vera-looking" succulent

Should have stopped and asked the owners of the plant? Maybe they'd have
even given you a cutting.

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive

BetsyB

"Darren Garrison" wrote in message
Hoping for an id even though I don't have a picture. I saw one once on a
garden
show shown from North Carolina, so I thought it MIGHT be hardy here in the
upper
part of South Carolina. But this week I happened to drive by a huge one
in
somebody's yard, so obviously it is hardy for here.

It is a succulent, looks more or less like an Aloe vera, but it is several
feet
tall and around. It looks like it has a coating of powdered sugar. And
it is a
species that can tolerate zone 7 winters. Any ideas? I want one of those
suckers.