Old 07-07-2007, 02:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article , "Aluckyguess"
wrote:

Why aren't they growing? Searched the web, I see lots of diseases, and
will try to look close at the plants when I return (on vacation for
few days).

Any advice would really be appreciated. I only grew tomatoes once
before, in New Jersey, and they were a spectacular success with little
effort.

Thanks very much,
Sarah

Round up!

I was thinking the same thing.
She may have poisoned the soil and would have been better off pulling
the weeds.

I know that I sure don't trust Monsanto's claims and only use roundup
for total kill in the gravel driveway. I don't use it in plant beds,
ESPECIALLY around plants I'm using for food.

Having never used "Agent Orange", I would have thought that it would
have taken out the whole plant, instead of withering the lower branches
and stunting it with a healthy looking crown. I've seen a vineyard hit
by "drift" but it was a pretty ugly sight.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/