Old 07-07-2007, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article , "Aluckyguess"
wrote:

Why aren't they growing? Searched the web, I see lots of diseases, and
will try to look close at the plants when I return (on vacation for
few days).

Any advice would really be appreciated. I only grew tomatoes once
before, in New Jersey, and they were a spectacular success with little
effort.

Thanks very much,
Sarah

Round up!

I was thinking the same thing.
She may have poisoned the soil and would have been better off pulling
the weeds.

I know that I sure don't trust Monsanto's claims and only use roundup
for total kill in the gravel driveway. I don't use it in plant beds,
ESPECIALLY around plants I'm using for food.

Having never used "Agent Orange", I would have thought that it would
have taken out the whole plant, instead of withering the lower branches
and stunting it with a healthy looking crown. I've seen a vineyard hit
by "drift" but it was a pretty ugly sight.

Roundup is worse on grasses than broadleaf weeds and it takes a certain
"dosage" to kill the plants.

I've been trying for years to kill off stands of Johnson Grass here
using Roundup.

Nothing short of deep hand digging will get rid of that accursed stuff!
And if you miss a single node...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.