Old 07-07-2007, 05:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default low maintenance ponding

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 02:06:51 CST, k wrote:

Target practice with weeds. DH wishes he could
get away with that in suburbia.

It's true, I weed with a rifle. It's an air rifle (CO2 to be exact)
with a scope and non-toxic (no lead) pellets. It's great for getting
those weeds you can't reach (which is most of them for me). I just
sit in my chair, sight in on the base of a weed, and soon the weed
topples over. I nail an occasional wasp, but the dragonflies and such
are safe, and seem to know it. As a matter of fact, it doesn't seem
to bother critters at all, one egret even acts attracted to it, and
will fly down to watch (and hunt bugs). The People for the Ethical
Treatment of Weeds don't seem to get in my face, either.
--
Galen Hekhuis
"Mistakes were made"