Old 31-03-2003, 04:08 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] collecting ? : (

It's possible, Billy but unlikely. Larches are Larches as far as I know.
Of course there are species and varieties but their needs are fairly
similar. To be a little more specific, the ones I have experience of are
Larix decidua -European, Larix kaempferi - Japanese, Larix eurolepis -
Dunkeld Larch.

We often see Larches growing in boggy areas, where the forestry people
have planted them. They sometimes do reasonably well there but I've
never seen seedlings beneath them.

If Bob is in Aus my guess is that any Larch are likely to be introduced
L decidua.

Cheers

Kev B

collect Larch

It is interesting that Kevin is in Wales, UK and I think Bob is in
Australia. Could they be talking about two different trees?

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++