Old 08-07-2007, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default Plum disease / pest advice.

Uncle-C wrote:
Ps. You can get derris on the organic catalogue below.

http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...roducts_id=525

Thanks a lot La Puce ! It sounds as if there is not much I can do to
this year's crop except pick off any affected fruit and dispose of it.
I hope that it is not too bad a case as I was really looking forward
to homemade peach and plum chutney !

Uncle

Or.... Wrap duct tape or similar sticky nastiness (i've used axle grease
in the past....) around the trunk. low down, sticky side up. This stops the
crawlers climbing the trunk...

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"These people believe the souls of fried space aliens inhabit their
bodies and hold soup cans to get rid of them. I should care what they
think?"...Valerie Emmanuel

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA