Old 07-07-2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gail Futoran Gail Futoran is offline

Default frog on a misson - picture link

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gail! Nice to hear from you.

Jim

Howdy, howdy. I'm still around, I just
don't have much to contribute so I don't!

Ponds are in good shape. Well, the
in-ground pond needs some work but I
haven't been up to it. So far the goldies
do ok with my neglect. I have about a
dozen babies in the above-ground goldfish
pond, mostly shubunkin, by their looks.

I've seen tree frogs, green frogs and
toads in and around the ponds. I just
put a plank into a plastic container that
had 3 toads or frogs swimming around.
I had dumped the container at one point,
but it acquired a wasp nest, and I didn't
get around to dumping it before the latest
rains. It does get mosquito dunked, as
do all bodies of water that are fishless.

All the rain we've been getting this year
has been great for frogs, toads, dragonflies,
etc. (also weeds, but let's not discuss that!).

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA