Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Default frog on a misson - picture link

This Pacific Chorus frog was hanging out
on a bridge in my fairy garden last night.
The bridge sits over a tiny pond. Probably
a good place to have a snack.

http://tinyurl.com/2y2n4a

k :-)

Old 05-07-2007, 07:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:55:35 CST, k wrote:

This Pacific Chorus frog was hanging out
on a bridge in my fairy garden last night.
The bridge sits over a tiny pond. Probably
a good place to have a snack.

http://tinyurl.com/2y2n4a
k :-)

Adorable. What is the plant on the left? Cilantro? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 05-07-2007, 08:12 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Adorable. What is the plant on the left? Cilantro? ~ jan

Not cilantro but
it is some kind of herb... bought on one of our plant buying
trips. I bought it for its fairy garden potential.
It has the strangest bloom. I'll try and get a picture of it
and post it.

k :-)

Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

http://tinyurl.com/2h3vg5

The flower to this herb starts out as a
round globe with individual green flowery
bits opening all around it.Then it sends
out purple stamens with starburts of pollen
at the end of them.

k :-)

Old 06-07-2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"k" wrote in message
ps.com...
This Pacific Chorus frog was hanging out
on a bridge in my fairy garden last night.
The bridge sits over a tiny pond. Probably
a good place to have a snack.

http://tinyurl.com/2y2n4a

k :-)

Cute picture! My first thought was:
"He's waiting for his mate to come along!"
What a romantic spot to wait, too.

Gail
[still a sucker for frogs]

Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

Or romance a nice, fluttery moth,
come closer, closer, closer!

k :-)

Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hi Gail! Nice to hear from you.

Jim

Old 06-07-2007, 06:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Great photo - looks like he's about to take the leap.
Bonnie
NJ

Old 07-07-2007, 07:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article om, k wrote:
This Pacific Chorus frog was hanging out
on a bridge in my fairy garden last night.
The bridge sits over a tiny pond. Probably
a good place to have a snack.

http://tinyurl.com/2y2n4a

k :-)

Great Picture,where can you buy small bridges like that? Rick

Old 07-07-2007, 09:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
k k is offline

This is the folks who are responsible
for the bridge
http://www.thefairysgarden.com/

Tonight the frog was on sitting on an
urn that I also ordered from the same
place.
There is a chair in the front of him with
a porcelain frog in it.
Picture is kind of blurry.
http://tinyurl.com/2twoe5

k :-)

Old 07-07-2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gail! Nice to hear from you.

Jim

Howdy, howdy. I'm still around, I just
don't have much to contribute so I don't!

Ponds are in good shape. Well, the
in-ground pond needs some work but I
haven't been up to it. So far the goldies
do ok with my neglect. I have about a
dozen babies in the above-ground goldfish
pond, mostly shubunkin, by their looks.

I've seen tree frogs, green frogs and
toads in and around the ponds. I just
put a plank into a plastic container that
had 3 toads or frogs swimming around.
I had dumped the container at one point,
but it acquired a wasp nest, and I didn't
get around to dumping it before the latest
rains. It does get mosquito dunked, as
do all bodies of water that are fishless.

All the rain we've been getting this year
has been great for frogs, toads, dragonflies,
etc. (also weeds, but let's not discuss that!).

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA

Old 08-07-2007, 02:54 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Thanks for the update. We have been really busy this spring. Last
year Phyllis stopped being the headmaster of her school and moved to
being development director. They really don't need someone full time
in that role, so she has moved to being director of childrens'
ministries at our church. Lots for her to do...apart from the pond.
She would rather enjoy it with me than do the maintenance anyway.

I have had a very full spring with regular teaching, traveling to
Africa, teaching internationals, etc. The result is that only basic
maintenance was done. In the last week, I have finally begun the
standard cleaning...and noticed babies in our berm pond and even a few
in the main pond.

If all goes well, I will begin puttering around the pond in the early
morinings (5-7 AM). Maybe we can post some pics later on picassaweb
or TFA.

May your rains stop! And visit her some.

Jim

Rate This Thread: