Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dave Dave is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article . net,
"Dave" wrote:

Due to the wash, I've gotten alot of bermuda grass there in the driveway
now. Some native weeds have taken a liking to it as well. Expensive,
but
works is charcoal lighter fluid. Used motor oil as well. Anything out
there that kills bermuda grass?

Roundup and landscaping fabric.

You can get it at Lowe's. Put a light layer of sand over it.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
Nicholson

Roundup would be fine in most of the gravel driveway area. Some not as wash
would go to my edible food garden. Will try roundup where appropriate.

Will landscaping fabric holdup to light automobile/truck traffic? Can I
just throw a heavy tarp over it instead? Area is about 100' long by 12'
wide on straight section of gravel driveway.
Dave