Old 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Geoff[_6_] Geoff[_6_] is offline

Default Rambling Rector

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Yesterday I met a Rambling Rector rose and was bowled over by the
fantastic perfume. I have searched local garden centre`s but it would seem
that I will have to buy mail order. Can anyone recommend a reliable
supplier or are they all pretty good. I am told that the rose is very
vigorous and I will have to think carefully as to where I plant it, is
this so or can it be controlled by pruning. Thanks for reading.

Why not ask the owner when he/she might be pruning it. You could then have
a few cutting you should be able to get to strike.

Alternatively, the rambler "albertine" covers well and its flowers have a
wonderful perfume.

Regards

Geoff