Old 08-07-2007, 05:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
gnarl gnarl is offline

Default Fargesia Nitida

My nitida's about had it; every time it tries to put out a leaf or to
new flowers form; the poor plant looks skelatal. Here's a link to a
photo of the bamboo posted to a bamboo forum a little while ago:

http://www.bamboocraft.net/bamboo/sh...56&ppuser=2450

g.

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:02:03 -0700, beecrofter
wrote:

On Jul 6, 9:47 pm, gnarl wrote:
I have one that has been flowering since late winter, I'm hoping for
seed. I have noted that some nurseries are selling plants come up
already from the new generation.
I have recently purchased a young specimen of the variety "red
fountain".

g.

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 23:45:54 -0600, Gerboa wrote:
I was looking to purchase some Fargesia Nitida, but have been told
that it is currently flowering and any that I purchase will probably
die. Is this true?- Hide quoted text -

So far no flowwering on mine, perhaps when more mature? Z6 east
coast usa