Old 08-07-2007, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Friend or foe?

On 8/7/07 16:39, in article , "Beryl
Harwood" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 6/7/07 19:50, in article
,
"Muddymike" wrote:

I saw the most lovely sight as I drove home this afternoon. Coming
up the
lane towards me was a young deer, galloping along because another car was

They played havoc with my last garden, so much so that I gave up the veg
plot. Yet it still inspired me when a Stag Red deer took stance in the
middle of the road and eyeballed me early one morning whilst his harem of
six does crossed safely. It reminded me of the racehorse trainers stopping
the traffic in Newmarket whilst his trainees cross behind him.

What a fabulous sight and why does nature have to be so *difficult*? ;-)

Agreed, a wonderful sight - but it is us that are difficult, not nature.
We keep wanting to use the space they need for other things, roads,
homes, gardens, removing their natural habitat. It is a difficult
situation and such a pity we are unable to run our lives in a manner
that does not compete with theirs. This is in no way a criticism of
those trying to earn a living from the land.

Beryl

I suppose we're part of nature, too and deserve our own habitat therefore.
But what seems to me to be important is to teach children how to live *with*
what is around them rather than in spite of it. As top of the food chain I
think it rather depends on us to do that.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk