Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Friend or foe?

On 8/7/07 18:08, in article , "Bob
Williams" wrote:

Beryl Harwood wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

snip

I suppose we're part of nature, too and deserve our own habitat
therefore. But what seems to me to be important is to teach children how
to live *with*
what is around them rather than in spite of it. As top of the food chain
I think it rather depends on us to do that.

True, whilst I know we can't go back to the kind of life lived by the
native americans had [still have in some places I think] I wish we could
follow the love/care and understanding of the earth that they had. I
still fully appreciate all the modern 'luxuries' like bathrooms,
dishwashers, cars etc,etc. It would be hard to give them up even if
sometimes I would love to be able to live a simpler life.

Beryl

There was a nice Native American proverb quoted on the Live Earth concert:

children.'

I like that *very* much.
--
Sacha