Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default Rambling Rector

I nearly bought Rambling Rector for my front garden, until Sacha reminded
me that it is a very vigorous rose and suggested climbing Iceberg instead.
I'm glad you did Sacha as Beale's sent me a very healthy, bare rooted
specimen which is now zooming up my trellis and already flowering well.
Later I also bought Ballerina which took a little longer to get growing, but
that too is now romping away and already smothered with flower buds.

MikeCT

"Sacha" wrote in a message.
Beale's or David Austin should have it and yes, it's is very vigorous
indeed. I don't think there's any point in planting it unless you can let
it have its head, myself One of its attractions is to have those
wonderful flower heads waving at you from helicopter height!