Old 08-07-2007, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

In article ,
Steve Calvin wrote:

Omelet wrote:
We just had a driveway put in on our wooded property up
north in NY. The driveway goes back around 120 yards from
the main "road". The guy used large gravel, item 4, etc...
He refused to do it with out the geotextile. It came out
pretty well and according to him, it'll be there for years
and years inspite of the rough winters in that area.

I have a gravel driveway too.

It's a bitch to weed where I don't want to use roundup.

Well, it's only been in a week and hasn't gotten much rain
but I suspect having just been up there for 6 days, ain't
much gonna grow through this sob.... If you want to know
exactly what was done, I can ask Rick the next time I talk
to him, probably some time this week to make sure the well's
in. Getting water without that was a royal PITA.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL18/.../263952699.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL18/.../263952683.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL18/.../263952671.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL18/.../263952625.jpg