Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

In article ,
Steve Calvin wrote:

Omelet wrote:

If you still like that kind of territory, the area East of Houston is
similar, as is a small area in the Austin area called "Bastrop".

Thanks for the heads up but we really like the northeast,
'ceptin' for the winters of course. ;-)

As for the clover, I figure it's good for the deer and I may
have to mow it once a year if I happen to feel like it.
Not sure if the black bear will like it or not. I'm hoping,
not. ;-)

My dogs oughta keep the deer out of the yard. G
There is a small herd that grazes across the street. I'm a 'burbanite
unfortunately so pardon me for envying your acreage!

As for bear... I'm glad to say there are none here. Those things scare
me.

:-)

Winters in central Texas have been colder lately, but that's not a bad
thing. Cuts the skeeter population! I do rather love our growing season.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.